Darkpore Media Africa is a multi-media and marketing firm building media solutions to development challenges across Africa. We are the audience company. We enable visionary organisations reach and engage their audiences in Africa through a combination of traditional and emerging media solutions. Established in 2018 in Lagos, Nigeria, our goal is to use every resource possible:Stories! Music! Videos! Memes! Web! Big data! Live festivals! to connect and inspire communities that flourish and nourish.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:Related Articles
Job Title: Applied Physicist
Employment Type: Full-time
Who We Want
- Darkpore Media Africa is seeking an Applied Physicist to contribute technically to the design and coordination of innovative, technical solutions and project systems to solve diverse and complex scientific and engineering problems.
- If you are a high-energy self-starter, a superb collaborator and have extensive engineering and scientific experience, this position may be the one for you!
What You’ll Do
- Superb scientific, technical and engineering expertise in the development of complex applications and leadership of implementation from specification through design, fabrication and testing.
- Provide novel solutions or improvement of techniques, procedures or products through theoretical physics principles and mathematical modeling.
- Proactively monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Conduct scientific experiments and simulations.
- Identify and respond to critical design aspects. Work with a team of multi-disciplined engineers to develop, test, evaluate and analyze concepts to problem-solve complex and comprehensive problems.
- Build prototypes and develop software systems as necessary.
- Communicate findings and progress in briefings and written documentation.
- Conduct research and keeps abreast of novel technical concepts and markets in new fields and subject areas.
- May design electronic circuitry and optical components with specific characteristics to fit within specified mechanical limits and to perform according to customer specifications, design suitable mounts for optics and power supply systems and incorporate methods for maintenance and repair of components and designs, and develops test instrumentation and test procedures.
- BS Degree and experience in Applied mathematics, computer science, theoretical to applied physics, science, engineering (electrical, mechanical).
- Inquisitive, with a natural curiosity and hunger for learning.
- Team player, collaborative, self-motivated, results-oriented, fast learner who can grasp the essence and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Superb technical competency (knowledge, experience, skills) in computational analyses and scientific discovery.
- Proven track record in physics, computer systems engineering, systems engineering and analysis or engineering (electrical, mechanical, aerospace, etc.), broad understanding and experience in diverse engineering fields preferred.
- Experience with data visualization and image processing highly desirable.
- Competent, broad technical knowledge of optical sensor systems, their design, manufacture, and testing.
- Experience with integrated circuit design and layout and focal plane arrays.
- Supervisory experience leading collaborative teams preferred.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to clearly and competently convey technical system design and trade information to a wide range of audiences, required.
- Experience with translating scientific algorithms into code development, code preferred.
Application Closing Date
24th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of email.
Stay in the know with me;
Contents created by Taiwo Hammed.
Latest posts by Somtochukwublogng (see all)
- Apply for the role of Institutional Sales Representative at T.E Markets Limited - November 26, 2021
- Apply for the role of Sales Executive at Shoptomydoor - November 26, 2021
- Apply for the role of Customer Service Officer at Shoptomydoor - November 26, 2021