As a Procurement Officer, under the supervision of the Head of Admin & Finance and in close collaboration with the other NESP components as well as Country Office and Headquarters, your job will be to procure goods and services according to NESP needs and in accordance with GIZ rules.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
The Procurement Officer will be performing the following task in accordance with GIZ rules:
- Coordinates effectively with the NESP components and the procurement departments at Country Office and GIZ Headquarters.
- Prepares all documentation required for the procurement of goods and services, as per the technical specifications developed by the NESP components.
- Ensures completeness and quality of the procurement documents
- Assists in the management of tender processes in Country Office or HQ – preparation of adverts in newspapers, quick signature procedures, preparation of contractual agreements, etc.
- Follows up on all procurement processes to ensure their timely completion.
- Monitors the markets for goods and services.
- Documents and files completed order transactions in reference files and in DMS (in line with GIZ’s filing rules).
- Control of deliveries, Control of invoices and receipts – assures quality and materially correctness of deliveries
- Arranges for the safe transfer of goods to their destination, notifies delivery location and time processes cases of damage in transport
- Informs the NESP components on time about the status of procurement of goods, particularly in the event of delays.
- Assures complete customs declarations procedures, in the case of importation of equipment.
- Collaborates with the accounts team in invoice analysis and ensures proper preparation and execution of payment orders.
- Be familiar with all components of NESP, concepts, and status of implementation and knows the corresponding experts and staff;
- Represents the interest of the GIZ and NESP, and always acts on their behalf; and
- Carries out important tasks for the Programme, even if these are not explicitly cited in the job description; performs other duties and tasks at the request of the management
Required Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience:
- University degree in Economics, Finance, Accountancy, or a related field.
- Other knowledge, additional competencies.
- Outstanding knowledge of procurement.
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Proficiency in English, ideally a knowledge of German
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed, corresponding measures to be agreed with management.
- Good organizational skills.
- A good team player who is willing to take on responsibility.
- Innovative and possessing a positive attitude to change.
You are kindly requested to submit your CV and letter of motivation as one document with complete contact details.
(Please include vacancy no. 079 in application subject)
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Stay in the know with me;
Contents created by Taiwo Hammed.
Latest posts by Somtochukwublogng (see all)
- Apply for 2021 Dow Nigeria Graduate Internship Trainee Program - October 22, 2021
- Apply for the role of Applied Physicist Job at Darkpore Media Africa Limited - October 22, 2021
- Apply for the role of Executive Secretary at Darkpore Media Africa - October 22, 2021