A firm in the hospitality sector seeks a qualified candidate to fill the role of a manager at a sports betting shop.
- Minimum Qualification: OND
- Experience Level: No Experience
- Experience Length: No Experience/Less than 1 year
- To plan, organize, coordinate and direct the activities of the betting shop.
- Work on the shop floor liaising and working with staff and customers
- To develop and manage a team of cashiers
- Overseeing the betting terminals and updating the display boards that show current betting opportunities
- Making payments to Bet winners
- Responsible for shop presentation and security.
- Responsible for good levels of customer service.
- Handling any customer queries and complaints.
- Recruiting and training other staff members
- Organizing work and holiday rotas.
- Being alert to any potential fraud, underage gambling or other illegal activity, and taking action to prevent it
- Anticipating and dealing with any disputes or safety issues.
- Ensuring the shop is secure and meets industry regulations
- Maximizing profitability and meeting sales targets.
- Marketing the shop to potential customers and coming up with special promotional ideas.
- Setting sales targets for staff and monitoring their progress.
- To oversee the purchase of supplies for the office as necessary, including stationery, and cleaning materials, keeping with agreed budgets.
- To ensure that all office equipment is kept in good working order, to oversee service contracts as required and establish and keep inventories up-to-date.
- To assist management in any other general capacity as required.
- Minimum of OND
- Good communication skills.
- A flair for customer service and the ability to build a good rapport with customers.
- Number skills, to ensure payments are accurate.
- Good knowledge of sports and of the products and services offered by the bookmaker.
- To be able to work effectively under pressure.
- Basic IT skills.
- To be alert and observant.
- Confidence, to handle difficult situations or troublesome customers.
- Leadership, negotiation, and people management skills.
- To be well-organised and able to deal with several tasks at once.
- Business awareness
Stay in the know with me;
Contents created by Taiwo Hammed.
Latest posts by Somtochukwublogng (see all)
- Apply for the role of Retail Store Supervisor - January 13, 2022
- Apply for the role of Chief Operations Officer - January 13, 2022
- Apply for the role of Sales Manager at Grace Jacobs Farms Limited - January 13, 2022