We are looking to hire an Early Years Practitioner to work in the pre-school, nursery, and reception classes with children aged between one and five. The job holder will plan and carry out activities in line with the requirements of the EYFS. This involved developing work schemes and lesson plans to motivate children and imaginatively using resources to help them learn.
- Minimum Qualification: N.C.E
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
- Early Years Practitioners develop the social and communication skills of children and provide a safe and secure environment in which the child can learn. They build and maintain relationships with parents and guardians to further support pupils, as well as operate within multi-agency networks to ensure the correct support is available.
- Early Years Practitioners record observations and summarise the children’s achievements. They focus on optimum child development and preparation for a successful transition to primary school education.
- Early Years Teachers teach all areas of the foundation stage, which is focused on helping children to achieve early learning goals. Work carried out includes;
- Motivating and stimulating children’s learning abilities, often encouraging learning through experience
- Providing pastoral care and support to children and providing them with a secure environment to learn
- Developing and producing visual aids and teaching resources
- Organising learning materials and resources and making imaginative use of resources
- Assisting with the development of children’s personal, social, and language abilities
- Supporting the development of children’s basic skills, including physical coordination, speech, and communication
- Encouraging children’s mathematical and creative development through stories, songs, games, drawing, and imaginative play
- Developing children’s curiosity and knowledge
- Working with others including teaching assistants and class aids to plan and coordinate work both indoors and outdoors
- Sharing knowledge gained with other practitioners and parents
- Observing, assessing, and recording each child’s progress
- Attending in-service training
- Ensuring the health and safety of children and staff is maintained during all activities, both inside and outside the nursery or school
- Keeping up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice
- Mentor any member of staff under your supervision in your room
- The individual should have a minimum of a National Certificate in Education, a degree would however be preferred.
- Applicants must have their Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria.
Stay in the know with me;
Contents created by Taiwo Hammed.
Latest posts by Somtochukwublogng (see all)
- “Don’t Be In A Rush To Blow” – Ric Hassani & Rudeboy Send Stern Warning To New Artistes - October 23, 2021
- “Olosho Don Drop Quote” – Ka3na Dragged Over Comment on Tiwa Savage’s Leaked Tape - October 23, 2021
- I Will No Longer Give Police Officers My Money – Ruggedman - October 23, 2021