Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
Deadline: 1 Oct/1 April (Annual)
Study in: Germany
Course starts April/Oct 2022
The Scholarship Department of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung awards Masters and PhD scholarships to highly-qualified international students who wish to undertake studies in Germany. They should be individuals demonstrating a high level of social and political engagement.
Level/Field(s) of study:
Masters and PhD degrees in any subject, except for Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary medicine
Number of Scholarships:
International students from all over the world. Preference is given to women, students of non-academic and migrant backgrounds, the socially needy, and people with disabilities, with achievement and commitment.
The scholarship for international students is in the form of a living grant, for the duration of the standard study programme period. Tuition fees for international students are not covered.
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung’s Scholarship Department offers scholars a wide range of support, consisting of political education events and summer schools, workshops conducted both domestically as well as abroad, symposia and educational trips. It also organizes practical training in fields such as rhetoric, conflict management and other key skills, time management and self-management, bolstering academic qualifications, text and writing workshops, and specific seminars on methodology.
The Scholarship Department awards grants to foreign students (MA only) and PhD students who are temporarily residing in Germany for study or research purposes. The requirements are:
• German language proficiency (B2 level or above)
• MA Students must be enrolled at a state or state-recognized German university
• PhD students must be accepted at a German universit
Applicants for scholarships for MA and doctoral students from Egypt, Libya, Lebanon, Tunisia, Yemen, Jordan, Morocco and Iraq can be graduate students pursuing their MA, Diploma or State Examination in Germany or doctoral students pursuing a PhD or doctoral research in Germany.
The selection criteria are:
• High scholarly and professional qualifications (proof of above-average academic achievement at school and/or university)
• Political and social engagement in line with the aims of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung
• German language proficiency (B2 level or above).
• Personal/family background
Application for scholarships are done online. The application deadline is 1 October for grants beginning in the summer semester of the following year (1 April) or 1 April for grants beginning in the winter semester of the same year (1 October).
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.rosalux.de/en/foundation/studienwerk
Stay in the know with me;
Contents created by Taiwo Hammed.
Latest posts by Somtochukwublogng (see all)
- “Don’t Be In A Rush To Blow” – Ric Hassani & Rudeboy Send Stern Warning To New Artistes - October 23, 2021
- “Olosho Don Drop Quote” – Ka3na Dragged Over Comment on Tiwa Savage’s Leaked Tape - October 23, 2021
- I Will No Longer Give Police Officers My Money – Ruggedman - October 23, 2021