Official Website of Somtochukwu Lady-Diana Okoye of Nigeria.
Roles of NNPC in Nigeria
Some of the roles are;
- The Petroleum Inspectorate Division of NNPC performs regulatory functions by overseeing all the activities of all the companies licenced to engage in oil activities and also in the regulations relevant to the oil industry.
- The role of oil exploration and exploitation fell on NNPC as a result of the merger of NNOC and Ministry of Petroleum Resources in 1977.
- Oil refining in Nigeria is done under the watchful eagle eye of NNPC.
- The NNPC Product Movement Section is responsible for planning operations to pump products from the source of supply to various destinations in a safe, economic and controlled manner and ensuring adequate stocks in the depots to meet tanker-truck loading demands.
- Another crucial role played by NNPC is in the area of man-power training of Nigerians to ensure that they occupy managerial, professional and supervisory grades in all the oil companies operating in the country.
Click here to download “Roles of NNPC in Nigeria” as PDF.
Let us connect on social media forever;