SHELTER-AFRIQUE is a pan-African development finance institution dedicated to investing in housing and urban development in Africa. The company provides advisory and project management services for major affordable housing projects, as well as credit lines to financial institutions to finance access to affordable housing in 44 African countries. The company has its headquarters in Nairobi with regional offices in Abidjan in Ivory Coast and Abuja in Nigeria.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Main role and responsibilities:
- Play a role in the implementation of the lending policies and procedures in the company by monitoring the company’s adherence to the Credit Risk Appetite thresholds, best credit underwriting practices and carrying out continuous credit risk assessments on credit products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Participate in credit analysis/ underwriting of the different products and funding lines offered by the Company i.e., Lines of Credit, Project Financing and Equity Investments through conducting a thorough analysis of financial statements and assessment of credit requests, including new requests, changed requests, refinancing and annual due diligence and provide recommendations tied to analysis and assessment of credit risk.
- The present analysis, findings, and recommendations to managers, especially findings that involve a borrower’s ability to repay, and reconcile credit files and identify discrepancies and variances.
- Develop and prepare spreadsheets and models to support analysis of new and existing credit applications.
- Identify, measure and report credit risk exposures related to all categories of credit facilities and products offered by the company to its customers.
- Participate in credit risk monitoring related meetings to ensure that set credit risk appetite parameters are adhered to.
- Participate in the review of the credit-related lending processes to ensure that adequate controls are in place to identify, monitor and control risks associated with the credit processes.
- Generate regular reports that monitor the credit risk exposures that the company faces while reviewing and updating the company’s Key Risk Register.
- Assist in reviewing credit related internal policies, procedures, new products & services, and make recommendations for enhancement of credit controls and risk mitigation as appropriate.
- Carry out periodic control sample testing reviews of credit/ loan products and ensure that the requirements of the lending policies are complied with.
- Review periodically credit collaterals and instruments held to ensure that credit covenants are adhered to, they are held safely, and all potential risks mitigated via control sample checking.
- Assist the Head of ERM in drafting board quarterly reports on credit risk exposures.
- Assist the Head of ERM train staff on Credit Risk Management techniques and internal appetite limits creating the awareness expected.
- Work with Business and SOU Departments within the company to enhance the company’s and overall credit risk mitigation strategies and tools.
- People Management/ Self Development
- Attend relevant training on emerging trends and practices within credit risk management.
- Network within the profession and relevant associations to keep abreast with industry and the profession.
Minimum Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in applied sciences, finance, economics, engineering, insurance, mathematics, risk management, or statistics.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, engineering, insurance, mathematics, risk management, or statistics.
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM) certification and a member of the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP); or
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and a member of the CFA Institute; or
- The International Certificate in Financial Services Risk Management; or
- The International Certificate and Diploma in Enterprise Risk Management; and
- A member of the Institute of Risk Management (IRM).
- Training in credit risk analysis and certification in risk management from an accredited institution.
- Over 5 years of strong quantitative experience.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and general computer use.
- Strong numeracy, analytical and strategy skills.
- Good research skills.
- Planning and organizational skills and problem-solving ability.
- IT competence and computer literacy.
- Negotiation skills.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Commercial awareness.
Stay in the know with me;
Contents created by Taiwo Hammed.
Latest posts by Somtochukwublogng (see all)
- Apply for the role of Retail Store Supervisor - January 13, 2022
- Apply for the role of Chief Operations Officer - January 13, 2022
- Apply for the role of Sales Manager at Grace Jacobs Farms Limited - January 13, 2022