We are looking to hire a Maintenance supervisor to ensure timely and effective execution of all maintenance work orders generated in all functional location, maintenance work orders will include corrective, preventive, predictive and special maintenance tasks. To install, troubleshoot, repair and optimize all farm equipment including but not limited to: power generation and distribution, hatchery operation, plumbing, welding, heating/cooling, automation and fire protection systems in a safe and orderly fashion as directed by direct report.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 2 years
- Recognizes and corrects potential equipment failure or unsafe conditions and communicates this to Maintenance Manager
- Execute maintenance tasks according to maintenance department goals and monitoring PM compliance.
- Frequently inspect facilities to proactively detect potential problems and recommend the necessary repair or maintenance.
- Oversee and enforce good record-keeping practices (be it pen and paper or CMMS software).
- Liaise with the maintenance planner to generate work orders, enter comprehensive job details, and assign work to qualified team members.
- Inspect the quality of performed maintenance work other team members to prevent rework.
- Communicate policies, procedures, and any updates to maintenance staff.
- Check that every single job is executed on time, to the budget, and without compromising building users’ safety.
- Work closely with vendors, outsourced service providers, and contractors to protect the interests of the facility.
- Keep an eye on materials and spare parts inventory.
- Help with the development of maintenance procedures and proactive maintenance programs like preventative maintenance.
- Recommend upgrades, overhauls, and other changes to major systems and equipment.
- Actively participate in projects (e.g. remodelling or renovation).
- Actively discuss staff-related challenges with Maintenance Manager.
- Help out with day-to-day equipment maintenance work when needed.
- Check that the premises are safe and not in violation of any regulations.
- Responsible for proper care/cleaning of tools, parts, materials and work area.
- Responsible for providing coverage in the absence of other Maintenance Technicians.
- Ensure team utilize appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to, safety glasses, face shields, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves and aprons.
- Any other functions that may be assigned by the management towards the achievement of the departmental goalsSkills, Competencies and Requirements:Functional Competencies/Requirements:
- Good plant maintenance skills, corrective, preventive and condition monitoring
- Knowledge of the principles and methods used in the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical systems and components (e.g., wiring, switches, lighting, transformers, high voltage, switchboards, motor control.
- Functional knowledge of electrical power, transmission and distribution, controls and basic automation
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and pneumatic blueprints or schematics.
- Ability to instruct, lead and coordinate the work of a crew to ensure proper completion of work and compliance with codes and regulations.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, job related internet research and ability to learn eMaintenance software for daily usage.
- Be able to safely complete the physical tasks associated with the essential job functions. These tasks include extensive climbing, walking, lifting, bending, standing, carrying and squatting.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Good analytic and problem-solving skill
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Team focused and result-oriented
- Ability to take initiative and multitask
- Ability to take initiative and multitask
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and provide direction to others
- Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvements and assist with implementing them
- Computer skills and knowledge of various CMMS software
- Must be willing and able to work off-hours and weekends as needed.
- A graduate degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized university or its equivalent.
- Professional Qualification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 0-3 years cognate experience
Stay in the know with me;
Contents created by Taiwo Hammed.
Latest posts by Somtochukwublogng (see all)
- Apply for the role of Institutional Sales Representative at T.E Markets Limited - November 26, 2021
- Apply for the role of Sales Executive at Shoptomydoor - November 26, 2021
- Apply for the role of Customer Service Officer at Shoptomydoor - November 26, 2021